Traditionally the term “well log” is borrowed from shipping business. A ship’s log tracks the events aboard the vessel and a well log tracks the events of drilling, but instead of being plotted in a timeline, a well log is recorded by depth drilled.
Conrad Schlumberger was the first to introduce the concept of using electrical measurements to map subsurface formations in the early 1900; and in 1927, he alongwith his brother Marcel performed the first electrical resistivity well log in France.
Today, well logging means anything recorded having to do with the drilling versus the depth of the well at that moment, many times represented by a graph and corresponding notes.
Top 6 Key Takeaways
- Obtain a full understanding of logging tools principles and applications
- Learn how to choose the optimum logging program based on objectives and company budget
- Learn the principles and key indicators for log quality assurance and quality control
- Learn basic and advanced methods and techniques for log interpretation
- Having your personnel trained on log interpretation will help reduce human mistakes and improve efficiency
- Participants will be able to better assess data quality and integrity
Petro-Physicist and leading authority on well log analysis, Angel Manuel Meso Pastors will lead this essential training in Dubai between 10 – 14 Dec 2017.
To Download your free brochure: Advanced Well Log Interpretation
To Book your seats: Registration Link