Technology has brought about unprecedented opportunities to drive efficiencies, enable automation and change how society interacts and engages in all facets of life. The pace of change is advancing, as are citizen expectations, and globally Governments are, and need to, transform their operations to be more accessible, transparent and accountable. Apart from aligning to the global trend to move to E-Government, countries need a clear and defined agenda and supporting process to drive change and leverage technology, as a global exemplar.
E-Government is ultimately about realizing the benefits of technology for transforming the way services are delivered to citizens and improving their experience through a ‘Citizen Centric’ model. This has created a pressure to e-enable, transform and innovate in an environment filled with buzzwords Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Big Data, Machine Learning, Virtual Reality, Robotics…. etc, etc. Yet, Governments are mired in legacy and are not ‘start up’ businesses, and are obligated to deliver policies and serve all citizens, including those not ready to embrace technology.
Technology must be applied as an ‘enabler’ at the right time for the right reasons and not just because it is available or the latest trend – the question in mind must always be ‘why are we investing in technology?’
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- E-Government – What is E-Government and how governments can adapt and deliver e-services, and encourage a shift to new services to improve the citizen’s experiences and how to define suitable Key Performance Indicators
- Digital Transformation – What is digital transformation really means, the benefits it can deliver and how to prioritize opportunities for automation, making use of the most appropriate delivery methodologies and seeking opportunities to share services
- Technological Developments – All too often people use technological buzz words or feel obliged to apply them when they don’t necessarily understand the value and applicability. We will provide a brief overview of the current key buzzwords and how the technologies are being applied
- A Citizen Centric Approach – How are citizens expectations changing and how can we best meet their requirements by applying appropriate technology to the delivery of services
- Innovating Public Policy & Services – What is the role of Government and how can it better develop policies to deliver outcomes and create a structure and environment for innovation that delivers efficiency and improved services to Citizens. Benchmarking and learning from others – successes and failures
- Excellence, Tools & Awards – Countries with a long-term vision for Public services, typically operate various tools, guidelines and awards to drive change
At the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, you will learn to:
- Recognize the opportunities e-government can bring and Identify and prioritize where technology can be best applied to drive efficiencies, enable change and improve service delivery for Citizens
- To understand, analyze and where to apply technologies appropriately, to enable a digital transformation that serves the Department and citizens
- Develop and implement a ‘Channel Shift’ strategy to encourage Citizens to take up and move to the most efficient e-enabled services
- Ask the right questions and have the confidence to engage in conversations when seeking support to deliver policies, e-enable existing services or seek to improve the citizens experience
- Recognize the needs of the ‘Citizen’ in all areas of work whether writing policy, creating a communications plan or creating or improving a service
- Understand the meaning of a Key Performance Indicator, how to create them and ensure that they align to the outcomes sought from the application of technology
- Have insight and basic understanding of the latest ‘buzzword’ technologies and their application
An interactive GLOMACS training course using a mixture of presentations with discussion, case studies, debates and exercises including live examples. Ideally attendees will bring questions and examples from their own working environment.
Employees within Government organisations need to understand the role of technology and accept that achieving truly transformed e-enabled organisation is down to all and not just technologist who are just the enablers:
- Gain insight and understanding of what E-Government is and how it can deliver outcomes
- Their role in delivering and enabling Digital Transformation and how it benefits the Department and Citizen’s
- Ensure employees can talk confidently with technology Departments and know what questions to ask
- Ensure a common understanding of how to improve the customer experience
- How to identify opportunities for improvement and automation in delivering existing and new services
- What to consider when defining and writing ‘outcome’ based policy so as not to complicate on inhibit the application of technology
The E-Government, Digital Transformation and innovation agendas are at the heart of Government Departments and those who wish to progress need to embrace this change. Participants will learn:
- What E-Government is, how it impacts their role and where they can add value to improve its implementation
- What Digital Transformation is, how it enables E-Government and how can participants ensure that their voice is heard when they potentially have a technology requirement.to deliver objectives
- What are the latest ‘technology’ buzzwords mean and their relevance now or in the future
- How they can confidently engage technologists, the questions to ask and what information they need to provide to get support they need
- Their role in supporting and enabling the delivery of ‘Citizen Centric Services’
- How to recognize and articulate opportunities to Innovate
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is about enhancing participants knowledge and their role in supporting the delivery of E-Government and Digital Transformation to drive efficiencies and deliver Citizen Centric services.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Technologist New to Government
- Business Process and Quality Employees
- Finance Managers
- Customer Service Managers
- Policy Writers
- Marketing & Communications Delivers
- Excellence Employees
- Definitions – EU, World Bank, UAE
- Why E-Government is important and how it is progressing?
- E-Government Opportunities
- Creating KPI’s that Measure Desired Outcomes
- Wrap-up & Setting the Scene for Day 2
- What is Digital Transformation?
- Why Government is Different from the Private Sector?
- The Key Elements of Successful Digital Transformation
- Process Automation & Prioritization
- Incremental Delivery
- The Importance & Value of Data
- Wrap-up & Setting the Scene for Day 3
- What is the role of Government?
- How are Customer Expectations changing?
- Understanding the Customer Journey
- What do Citizens want from Government?
- Creating A Customer Journey
- Wrap-up & Setting the Scene for Day 4
Innovating Public Policy & Services
- What is Innovation? – The many definitions
- Theories of Innovation
- Creating and Environment for Innovation
- Spotting Opportunities for and Developing and Articulating Initiatives
- Wrap-up & Setting the Scene for Day 5
Understanding the Language
- What are AI, Blockchain and All the Other Buzzwords and When and Where can they be Applied
- Delivery Methodologies – Agile, Waterfall, Kanban, Scrum, Lean - Where and when are they appropriate?
- The Importance of Focusing on Outcomes
- Understanding the Excellence and other Award Criteria for Digital Transformation and Customer Service Improvement
- Applying Technology for the Right Reasons
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.